winter care for clivia plant - Knowledgebase Question

Brossard, Qu
Question by charlesandde
I submitted awhile back pertaining the clivia plant. You fully answered me except, when you told me that in the fall put it in a 55 degree location. Is that with light only or sun? The only place is in the garage, near a window? If no light, where?
Thanks,
Debbie

0

Glad we've be helpful in the past. Clivias make fabulous house plants. They grow well in shade, tolerate dry spells, and flower in late winter to early spring. Keep them cool for 3-6 weeks in winter to promote flowering. A garage or cool basement would be a good place; Grow them in an east or north window in winter, wherever they will get some natural light (no direct sun). Best wishes with your clivia!