Spray Sheilds - Knowledgebase Question

Holderness, NH
Question by weareknights
October 10, 2006
Do you know where I could purchase a water sheild for my hose? I work in a green house and some plants love to be sprayed and other plants really hate being wet. I am having a hard time finding something that would fit on the end of a normal Garden hose. I did find a spray sheild but it is for a pump sprayer.

Thank you for you time.


Answer from NGA
October 10, 2006


If you use a long handled watering wand with a finger tip or trigger shut off and adjustable spray you should be able to control the way you water so that you can avoid wetting foliage and just apply the water to the roots. Otherwise, perhaps your supplier can help you find an adaptor fitting to connect the shield you found to the hose. Charleys Greenhouse Supply for example offers several long handled wands for greenhouse use.


I hope this helps.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Penstemon Dark Towers blooms"