How to care for a Mozelle Lantana - Knowledgebase Question

Oshkosh, WI
Question by mikedebiniko
I live in zone 4 and purchased a Mozelle Lantana because I really liked the way it looks in my yard in the spring/summer.
I now have it in my house, and would like to know if I have to do
anything special during the cold months to keep it alive so that
I can bring it back outside next spring? I hope you can help me.

0

There are two ways to try to keep a lantana indoors over the winter. One is to grow it as a houseplant with as much direct sun as possible, and consider using supplemental light for it as well. The other method is to allow it to rest for the winter by storing it in a cool place with a temperature of about 45 degrees. If you opt for this method, water it just enough to keep it from going bone dry and do not fertilize it while it is resting. In spring, take it back outside when nights are reliably in the 50's again. You may find that it defoliates while indoors due to the low light levels of winter. You may also want to trim it back or reshape it in late winter before you take it back outside again. Good luck with your lantana!