tiny bug on my Ever Blooming Gardinia - Knowledgebase Question

Schaumburg, IL
Question by sonnywon
November 9, 2006
I have an Ever Blooming Gardinia It stays out side for the summer. I brought it in a few weeks ago.It is very healthy but the plant is now covered with very tiny bugs. How can I get rid of them so I can bring the plant back inside for the winter

November 9, 2006

0

The control really depends upon the insect so without knowing what you're dealing with, I can't offer any chemical suggestions. You can try rinsing the plant off with a strong stream of water to remove the pests, or you can try collecting a few and taking them to your local nursery for identification. Once you know what you're dealing with, the nursery can recommend a chemical control. (Not all chemicals are effective against all pests and not all are safe to use on your gardenia - your nursery staff will be able to help you find just the right product.)

Best wishes with your gardenia!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"