Care for a Julietta Princess Lilies in Winter in Wisconson indoors - Knowledgebase Question

Ononomowoc, WI
Question by lldevoe
November 13, 2006
I have a Julietta Princess Lilies and I have brought it in for the winter put it in a sunny window. What other care do I need to give this plant? It has been needing to be watered 2 times a week. It is in the same pot, do I need to transplant it.
Thanks, Linda

November 13, 2006

0

Alstroemerias prefer regions with relatively mild winters and not-too-hot summers.

You could have left it outside until frost killed the foliage. SInce it is already indoors, keep it in a bright but relatively cool spot (50-60F) and water sparingly, but don't let the soil dry out completely. The foliage should naturally die back and the plant will enter a dormant phase. Once the plant is dormant, cut back on water even more and keep the container in a cool, shaded place. When you see sprouts, move the plant to a bright location and increase waterking again. You would not need to transplant it unless it has become very crowded.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"