toxicity - Knowledgebase Question

philadelphia, pa
Avatar for owf479
Question by owf479
November 14, 2006
is their any validity to the old wives tale that the flowers or fruits of the peiris janponica are toxic,both to children and dogs?

Answer from NGA
November 14, 2006
Yes, there is cause for concern. Many common plants are potentially toxic to children and pets. Here is the information about Pieris japonica from the University of Pennsylvania (Veterinary)Poisonous Plants Home Page and North Carolina State University for reference.

Please keep your poison control and veterinarian phone numbers handy in case there is reason to believe poisoning has occurred. I hope this helps.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Colorful Cineraria"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.