AGAVE - Knowledgebase Question

ANDERSON, SC
Question by WORKMAN_G
November 15, 2006
I HAVE SEEN WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE AN AGAVE GROWING AGAINST A BRICK WALL IN DOWN TOWN ANDERSON...I THINK IT GETS AFTERNOON LIGHT BUT NOT MUCH...THAT BEING SAID...MY HUSBAND LIKES CENTURY PLANTS AND I WANT TO GET ONE FOR HIS CHRISTMAS PRESENT...DO YOU THINK IT WILL GROW HERE IN ANDERSON SC...IF SO,IS THERE A PARTICULAR TYPE THAT MIGHT BE MORE HARDY THAN ANOTHER? THX

November 15, 2006

0

Agave parryi (Hardy Century Plant) will grow in your gardening region. It prefers full sunshine but some will adapt to lower light levels. I think the one you saw against a brick wall was flourishing because of the reflected heat of the wall which helps protect it from cold weather. I think your idea of giving one to your husband for Christmas is a wonderful idea! Enjoy your new plant!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"