peiris japonica - Knowledgebase Question

philadelphia, pa
Avatar for owf479
Question by owf479
December 26, 2006
when planting peiris japonica on residential properties,should i be concerned about the toxicity of this plant in regards to children or pets.i have heard old wives tales through the years about this species and really don't know what to believe.would you plant on your property if you had children or pets.



Answer from NGA
December 26, 2006
Pieris japonica appears on many lists of known toxic plants, and is considered extremely toxic if ingested. Here is an example. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.


Many common landscape plants (and also house plants) are potentially toxic. You could discuss this with your doctor and your veterinarian. Always keep the poison control number by your phone and try to teach your children and train your pets not to eat random plants. I hope this helps.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by IrisLilli and is called "Purple Crocus Mix"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.