how do i resod - Knowledgebase Question

Davenport, FL (Zone 9A)
Question by madelene
December 30, 2006
i have a lawn area about 10x20 that is completely dead .i want to replace it myself with sod but want the proper steps to do it .was told some insect i think it was grubs got to it .what and how should i do it .im in florida and i dont know what kind of grass it is . when i try to lift it it comes off like a sheet if that helps .

December 30, 2006

0

Ralph,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Since your question is really several in one let me refer you to the following web site which has a lot of great info on having a lawn in Florida.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffi...

I suspect that grubs did get your grass based on your description. Contact your county extension office for free advice and publications on lawn care. They are a very helpful resource. Their contact info is:
Polk County Cooperative Extension Service
1702 Highway 17-98 South
Bartow, FL 33830
Phone: (863) 519-8677

Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening year in 2007. Please stop in again soon!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"