meyer lemon - Knowledgebase Question

sun valley, iD
Question by akalik
I bought a meyer lemon from you last June. It's inside, up here in Idaho, in full sun, in a big pot. It has lost most of its leaves. One branch is o.k. and supple and green. Some of the branches are putting out little white flowers. I love those!!
I might have overwatered it. I don't know. I also gave it some organic tea food (Dr. Jim's save-a-tree food) I has only given one little lemon. When I bought it, it was growing that little lemon.

I know it's high altitude, but inside it's toasty. I hope it'll survive.

Please advise.

thanks,
anne

0

It sounds as though your little lemon tree is suffering from the stress of being taken from ideal growing conditions at the nursery to your home where the light, temperature and humidity are different. It should recover and grow new leaves. Flowers are a good sign! At this point, provide bright light (but not direct sunlight), keep the soil moist but not soggy wet, and withhold fertilizer until your tree develops new foliage. It will probably recover, and will flower and set fruit as it regains its health. Best wishes with your new little tree!