Raised Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Hallandale, FL (Zone 10)
Question by darla_schmit
I would like to make a raised garden bed right behind my home. What should I put in between my house and the raised be to protect the house?

0

While it is important to keep water away from the siding and foundation of your home, you'll also want to use something that's safe to use around veggies. If you line the bed with plastic and then grow only above-ground veggies next to the plastic, everything should be fine. Plant things like lettuce or tomatoes closest to the plastic (avoid carrots, potatoes and other underground veggies). Your food crops should be safe to eat and your house should be protected from excess moisture.

Best wishes with your garden!