type of tree - Knowledgebase Question

Whittier, CA (Zone 10)
Question by lorijonbrown
I was at my brother's yesterday and he has this tree in his backyard, he says it's called a false peach but he can't remember. Right now it's blossoming little white, almost confetti like petals that are white in color and the winds were blowing so it gave off a snow like affect can you tell me any thing about this he's had the tree for maybe three or four years and it has never done this before.
(by the way thank-you for your answer regarding the bleeding heart plant it will be very helpful)
thanks again.
lori brown

0

Glad you found our advice helpful in regards to your bleeding heart plant. Your brother's tree may very well be an ornamental pear tree. These trees flower in the spring but do not set fruit over the summer months. They are chosen for their beautiful springtime flower display. There are also ornamental peach trees, but the flowers on these are typically pink, not white. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"