Tomatoe in Pots - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Worth, TX
Question by jneuman5
I have started various tomatoes from seeds. I counted back 8 weeks from the last frost. After one month my plants are in 6" pots. The roots are already comming out of the bottom of the pots. Will these plants survive in the 6" pots? I still have 3-4 weeks before they can be hardened off and moved outside!

0

No problem, just move them up in pot size. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. In the past I have been in similar predicaments, cut the tops off of 2 liter bottles, poked holes in the bottoms, ran them through the dishwasher, and used them for a temporary tomato pots. If you go up one container size, they should be fine for the additional 3-4 weeks. We should all have seedlings that grow so enthusiastically!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"