ficus nitida tree - Knowledgebase Question

Garden Grove, CA (Zone 9B)
Question by danglinh
How do I care for my 6 ft. ficus nitida tree I just planted in my backyard ? I planted two within 6 ft. of one another. How fast do they really grow ?

0

Your Indian Laurel Fig will grow about 25' - 30' tall and wide. They're reasonably fast growing when given ample water; expect 12-24" of new growth each year. Having planted yours so closely, expect to eventually have a huge tree like canopy with two trunks 6' apart. If this isn't what you originally planned, you might want to move one of the trees a little further away.

Best wishes with your ficus trees!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Water Hyacinths & Reflections of 'Chandelier' Plan"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.