Mums - Knowledgebase Question

Glendale, AZ
Question by allisonpynn
When do Mums bloom? I'm in Arizona and I'm waiting for my flowers to look beautiful! I planted them last August. Last month, they started getting taller and look like they may do something, but no buds yet. How much longer will it take? Thank you!!

0

Many flowers fall under the umbrella of "mums" but they are typically cool-season bloomers in the low desert, usually flowering in the fall. Some are perennials and take a full growing season before they flower. Our summers can be tough on mums, so you may need to provide them with shadescreen to keep them going for fall bloom if they don't have partial shade protection from a tree canopy, for example. Good luck with your flowers!