How to get rid of tiny white bugs off house plants - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by recruitshop
I have tried water with dish soap and even a q tip with alcohol but in two days, they are back??

0

Unfortunately based on your description I am not certain which pest is attacking your plant so it is difficult to suggest a control. However, in many cases you will need to treat at least twice to achieve control. The reason is that your first treatment will probably kill mature pests, then the second will catch any that hatch in the meantime.

When you spray, make sure you cover all parts of the plant from top to bottom, undersides of leaves and stems. The soap must actually contact the pest to control it, there is no residual action. The same is true for the alcohol, if you miss one it will still be there. Sometimes it is difficult to see all of them, so you do need to follow up regularly until you have them all.

Another possibility is that they are coming in from somewhere else to attack your plant. You might check other plants nearby to see if that is the source of the new infestation.

I hope this helps.