Fuji harvesting in zone 5 - Knowledgebase Question

Portersville, Pa
Question by rshaffer4
When should the Fuji apple trees that you have in stock be harvested. I heard that in zone 5 Fuji apples are not ready for picking until November and that a September Wonder Fuji does better in this area?

0

Fuji is one of the last apples to ripen, in the range of maybe 180 days (depending on the weather of course.) The September Fuji should ripen about a month earlier than the regular Fuji. I would suggest you consult with your local Penn State extension and see which apple varieties they are recommending for your local area. They can also help you develop a preventive spray and maintenance plan for the varieties you select. Enjoy your apple trees!