Butterfly/Hummingbird gardens - Knowledgebase Question

Rush City, Mn
Question by dionaneeser
I am busy with a 2 and 3 year old and wanted to plant color but easy stuff. I was told a butterfly/hummingbird garden would be good. Our soil is some what clayish... any recommendations? I am a first time gardner too.... thanks!

0

If you want an informal garden bursting with color, your best bet might be a package of wildflower seeds or a few of those pre-seeded flower mats. Both have seeds for plants that are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds. You simply need to dig the soil (to loosen it up) and then rake it level. Either broadcast the seeds or lay the mats; add water and stand back. You should have a colorful flower garden all season long. Enjoy!