Wet Shady Area - Knowledgebase Question

Charleston, SC
Question by shendrix2
I have an an area outside a bedroom window that always stays wet and shady. It is up next to the house and the water faucet in near the window. What type of flowers would you suggest that I plant in this area.

0

Here are a few suggestions for moist soil, partial shade: Ice Ballet Asclepsias, Joe Pye Weed (Eupatorium), Marshallia grandiflora (Barbara's Buttons), Astilbe. The following will take partial shade and wet soil: Darmera peltata (Syn. Peltiphyllumpeltatum - "Umbrella Flower"), Trollius chinensis (Golden Queen Globeflower), Louisiana Iris, Caltha (Marsh Marigold), Chelone lyonii (Turtlehead Flower), Filipendula ulmaria 'Flore' (Queen of the Meadow), Brunnera macrophylla (Siberian Bugloss), Ligularia przewalskii (Ligularia), Petasites (Giant Butterbur).

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"