COPPER WIRE AS A SUPPORT - Knowledgebase Question

RIALTO, CA
Question by prietopst
I have a roll of copper wire. I was wondering, if I used it to make support-like rods to support some of my taller flowers, if the copper would hurt any of the plants coming in contact with the bare wire? I'am hoping that it won't, and that maybe it might even be able to able to keep some of the snails from eating my plants. Since, I read that copper and snails don't mix. Thank you.
Connie

0

You're right, snails are repelled by copper. For some reason they get shocked when they slime their way across copper. As for making plant stakes or trellises out of copper, there's quite a market for the projects. Copper works well in the garden and, as far as I know, it won't harm your plants.