Tree/Shrub (grows 6 - 10 feet) ever green recommendation request - Knowledgebase Question

Irving, TX (Zone 7B)
Question by kosaraju
Hello Expert,

We want to plant an ever green tree/shrub that grows 6 - 10 feet, need this for privacy and curb appeal.

Can you please suggest / recommend some thing that?s good for where my home is located (75063 ? Zip Code).

Not particular about the flowers, we tried oleander and its dead now may be because of winter.

Thanks for your help

0

Chaitanya,

You need something hardier than oleander. I might suggest the following: dwarf Carolina Cherry Laurel variety 'Bright N Tight' (will need some trimming to keep at 6-10 feet), a juniper that is fairly dwarf and there are many varieties of these plants, dwarf Southern Wax Myrtle, and Dwarf Burford Holly.