Red Tip Ligustrums Dying - Knowledgebase Question

Sealy, TX
Question by dalebaldwin
I have a row of large Ligustrums that line my Garage. Over the past (2) years they have started to die.They loose thier leaves and eventually become so brittle I can just break them off by hand. There are no visible signs of pest infestation.They only thing that I can come up with is I have a iron ore driveway that drains
behind these shrubs when it rains, so the ground is definitely rich in iron but why all of a sudden would this effect them if it is indeed the problem.
Any help will be appreciated
Dale

0

Dale,

You are either talking about ligustrum or red tip photinias. It is difficult to diagnose the problem based on your description without seeing the plant. I suggest you take some photos and/or a sample to your local County Extension Office. They should be able to identify it and prescribe a control.