Newbie - Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Prairie, TX (Zone 7B)
Question by rcm_3
What is the easiest items to plant for a newbie. I have never planted in my life, but I want to try this year.
Rachael

0

Rachael,

Gee that't kinda wide open. I'm going to assume you mean flowers and offer a few suggestions. Please ask additional question at the Home Depot website if you would like additional specific recommendations.

For good Texas tough flowers try the following Salvias: 'Indigo Spires', 'Mystic Spires', Gregg's Sage (Salvia greggii), Mexican Bush Sage (Salvia leucantha). Also try Yellow Bells (Tecoma stans), Bulbine (yellow and orange types), Lantanas, and the shrub rose varieties 'Knock Out' and 'Belinda's Dream'.

The annual cut flowers called Zinnias are very easy too and reward you with indoor arrangements!