Growing Moss - Knowledgebase Question

Levittown, PA
Question by UNGERCD
I want moss to grow between bricks in my patio. There's a small section that has moss. How can I encourage it to grow and spread?

0

Moss likes shady conditions with ample moisture. You can try spreading the moss out by taking small pieces from the existing moss and planting them between the bricks. Or, you can encourage it to spread by treating adjacent bricks with a yeast and water mixture. Just mix regular yeast with some water, and pour or brush it on adjoining brick surfaces. The moss will reach out to these nutrient-rich areas and begin growing there. Try to keep the area damp and cool, and the moss should eventually take over the area.