Lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

Spring, TX
Question by russellcowa
I moved into a new house last year and the soil they put down for the sod wasn't very good. My drainage was all messed up so I got a fungus in my yard last year. I have spent all year nursing my grass back to health and it is hanging on. I put Scott's Weed and Feed down one week ago. How long should I wait before I put a basic fertilizer on the yard again to help it maintain the nutrients that it needs?

0

Russell,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

You can fertilize again in about 6-8 weeks although I suspect that nutrients are not the major cause of your turf problem. You might want to contact your County Extension Office and see about bringing in a sample for diagnosis.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"