what kind of plants - Knowledgebase Question

Buffalo, NY (Zone 5B)
Question by sleepingshih
Hi, I am planning to have more plants in my apartment and its balcony. But we don;t have much sun lights in our apt. Our livingroom could have sun in the morning and that's all. Can you recommand any plants that fit this condition?

Also, do you think that we can have some herbs plants, too?

I checked your website and found the lemon tree. Do you think that will be ok to live inside?

Thank you so much!

0

Citrus trees require very bright light so I don't think that would be a good choice for you. For morning sun and moderate indirect interior light you could try some of the following plants: English ivy, peace lily, prayer plant, sanseveria, Chinese evergreen, dieffenbachia, asparagus fern, and draceana. Most herbs prefer full sun all day long, but you might have some luck with basil during the summer months. The following article includes general care information followed by a listing of plants you may find helpful. (You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser ot make it work correctly.)

http://extension.missouri.edu/...

Enjoy your plant collection!