Getting rid of vines - Knowledgebase Question

Taylorsville, UT
Question by kaya32
How do I get rid of unwanted vines? My husband and I recently moved into our house and the previous owners put in vines that climb up the side of our chimney. They have been ripped down but the roots still remain and are beginning to sprout green leaves. Due to their location (they have been stuffed in between siding to grow up) they are also growing into the hollow area around our fireplace, which is a concern.

0

I'd attack the base of the plant with a vegetation killer such as Round-Up (be careful, it can kill other plants on contact). Once you're sure the parent plant is dead you can begin pulling the vines down from the chimney and the siding. It won't be easy, but once you've gotten the vines down and the roots of the plant killed off, you shouldn't have any more problems with it.

Good luck with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"