Fruit Trees. - Knowledgebase Question

Curtice, OH (Zone 5B)
Question by brne2362
I bought two apple and one peach tree and I want to make sure I am doing the right things for them. Is it ok to plant apple in the same area as peach?

0

Fruit trees of all types can be grown in the same yard without problem. Fruit trees as a rule do best in all day sun, so try to locate them in the sunniest area. Ideally a slight slope ensures good drainage and also avoids planting them in a frost pocket -- if possible, do not plant them at the bottom of a hill where cold air will collect. Without knowing the specific varieties it is a bit difficult to suggest an appropriate spacing. As a rule of thumb there should be ample room between them to accommodate their mature size without crowding. Finally, keep the trees mulched and watered until they become established and make sure to protect the trunks from rodent damage in the winter and weedwhacker damage in the summer. Enjoy your trees!