different types of sweet broom - Knowledgebase Question

Kerrville, TX (Zone 8B)
Question by graethompson
I bought 8 sweet broom plants from Home Depot. They were in the same area, look identical, but some are labeled genista racemosa and some are cytisus x spachianus. According to HD encylopedia, these have different hardiness levels, one is evergreen, one is deciduous. However, I cannot see the slightest difference between the plants that I have. I'm planting a border, so I don't want to have unhappy suprises later. Please advise. Thank you, Gina Thompson

0

Gina,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you. According to my information those two scientific names are synonyms for the same plant. You can plant them as you wish.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"