first time planting - Knowledgebase Question

ft lauderdale, fl
Question by beevee6417
I've decided to plant a floral garden for the first time in my life. I don't know how or where to start. I have two concrete 15 ft by 2 1/2 ft under bedroom windows. They're attached to the house from the ground. I think the house was built with them attached. I live in Ft Laud ,Fl and I want to make them pretty with shrubs and flowers that wont grow to high. I'm also afraid of worms so, plants that would bring less worms would be nice. I need to know where to start. Desperate 1st timer that really wan't to learn and do my first planting. Thanks all and happy gardening.

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you. There are a lot of different things you could plant and it really comes down to what you like personally. I suggest you visit a local botanical garden, notice what people are growing in neighborhoods and visit your local Home Depot garden center to see what appeals to you. For a few ideas I would suggest dwarf lantana, Salvia 'Mystic Spires', Shrimp plant, and Plumbago.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"