what to plant under live oak tree - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Prairie, TX (Zone 7B)
Question by barblyons7
I have a live oak tree that is continually dropping acorns and sending shoots up to make new trees. I cant get anything to grow there. all I can do is continually mow the baby trees. Would an agressive groundcover work? if so what kind. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Some of the sprouts could be from acorns but a lot of them under an oak tree are root sprouts. There is little you can do except mow them back. Planting a groundcover such as Asian jasmine will help conceal them but you'll still have to trim them off above the groundcover.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"