Lawn Problem - Knowledgebase Question

Biloxi, MS (Zone 8B)
Question by lepreda
I had a problem with centipede grass turning brown late last summer and I thought I used the right pesticides to cure it. This was on the front lawn which I have since resoded. The problem is now in my back lawn (which I treated when I had the front lawn problem). Can I send a
photo (attached) to show you the problem? I appears that the grass is being attacked by something under the soil that eats the roots and kills the grass. Could you comment on this for me.

Thank you

Darnell Lepre

0

Darnell,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you. Unfortunately the our Q&A service is not set up to receive digital photos. I suspect you are seeing the effects of grubs on your turf. I suggest you contact you local Cooperative Extension Office to see if they can assist with an identification and control recommendation.