Fruit Tree-Peach - Knowledgebase Question

Albuquerque, Ne
Question by stamps12
I am a first time fruit grower. I have a peach tree the I planted last Fall. I am noticing some white dots on some of my leaves, what is the white spots? and how do I get rid of them. I am also noticing little green peaches arriving, I am very excited any tips on keeping bugs from my tree?

0

Without actually seeing the symptoms, it's difficult for me to diagnose the problem. It could be nectarine pox. Nectarine pox is a widespread disorder. The symptoms initially are observed about 40 days after bloom as a pale white or light-colored circular spot. The area can be a raised protuberance or wart, and are sometimes clustered together into an irregular, rough outgrowth. This has also been confused with scab, spot or other diseases.

Nectarine pox may be a nutritional or hormonal imbalance, such as excessive levels of nitrogen, potassium or magnesium and can result in reduced yields.

Why not take a sample of affected leaves to your local cooperative extension office or nursery professional for a positive diagnosis and suggested control measures?