Appropriate Shrub - Knowledgebase Question

CALIFORNIA, MD
Question by carmenita007
Hello. I've just added 2 new enclosed beds on the sides of the entrance to my house. I have a lilac bush on the left side entrance that gets full sun that is about 4'x 4'. I would like to plant another lilac bush on the right side however that side is shaded by large maple tree branches that hover above. I need to find a shrub that coordinates with the lilac bush and that is similar in its current size that will also grow about the same size. Is there a shrub you could reccomend that could tolerate part shade/mostly shade during summer months and be attractive enough to have beside the front entrance to the house? I live in Southern MD. Thanks -

0

Hydrangea is my first choice. It will compliment the lilac rather than compete with it, and the bloom periods will overlap so there will be a gentle shift of focal point as the seasons change.

Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"