Tiny spider webs on Bird of Paradise - Knowledgebase Question

League City, TX
Question by rcapuzzi
I've just noticed alot of what looks like tiny spider webs on my indoor Bird of Paradise. I don't see any insects/pests. What could this be and what do I do about it?

0

Webbing on your indoor plant could simply be spider webs, or it could indicate a pest called spider mites. They typically leave webbing between the main stem and where the leaves emerge. If the webbing is elsewhere, it's plain old spiders; between the leaves and the stems and it's probably spider mites. Since you don't see any pests or any damage, I'd suggest simply rinsing the plant off and then watching to see if any more webbing develops. Spider mites prefer hot, dry locations so rinsing the plant may discourage them.

Best wishes with your bird of paradise.