What's eating my plants? - Knowledgebase Question

bradenton, fl
Question by sugarboo911
Hi. I have unknown shrubs along my fence, and something has eaten off all the there leaves. Whatever it is it starting on my hibicus bushes now. I have examined the plants very well and do not see any insects, but the leaves are cleary eaten. What can I put on the plants to keep bugs off?

0

Jessica,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Check the plants at night as some pests are nocturnal. It is important to get an identification in order to recommend an effective, safe insecticide. As a general guide there are a number of insecticides that are effective against a wide variety of insects. You can try a general type insecticide labeled for a wide variety of insects if you want. However I would also consider the fact that the leaves could be being cast from the plant which may be due to stress from too much or too little water.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"