Planting Bed Ideas - Knowledgebase Question

Schofield, WI
Question by flusher911
I have three seperate planting beds that I would like to have color from Spring through Fall. I am not sure which perennials and annuals would be best for my area. I would like some height in the back and progressively get shorter towards the front. Do you have any suggestions on plants and placement?

0

You're on the right track! A garden bursting with blooms from spring through fall will be spectacular. You'll have to do a little research to see which plants grow the largest, then place them in the center and graduate sizes down to the border of the beds. Here are a few suggestions for summer color: Armeria maritima ?Bloodstone?; Daphne odora ?Aureo-marginata?; Syringa vulgaris ?Lavender Lady?; Spirea x bumalda ?Monhub?; Wisteria floribunda ?Texas Purple?; Hemerocallis x?Mond?; Lavandula latifolia; Rosmarinus officinalis ?Tuscan; Loropetalum chinense 'Sizzling Pink?. For late summer, early fall color, be sure to include chrysanthemums, Sedum x 'Autumn Joy', Purple Fountain Grass Pennisetum, maiden grass Miscanthus sinensis `Gracillimus`, Geranium x 'Pink Spice', Osmanthus fragrans,
Rosmarinus officinalis ?Tuscan Blue?, Jerusalem sage (Phlomis lanata) and French lavender. You can fill in around these with annuals of all kinds. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"