Iris pests - Knowledgebase Question

Nogal, NM
Avatar for melaniewinte
Question by melaniewinte
I have several gardens of irises, yet one garden seems to have an abundant supply of little green flying insects. What are they and how do I control or get rid of them. Thank you.

Sucking insects such as aphids, thrips and white flies can damage iris and spread diseases. Control these pests by spraying a pesticide such as Isotox or Malathion. Check the registration of which chemical you use, and follow the manufacture?s recommendation for rate and timing of application. Insecticide soaps are effective control of most pests, while not harming beneficial insects. Bacillus thurgingiensis (b.t.) is an environmentally safe and effective control for chewing insects such as caterpillars.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Pink tipped tulips"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.