Is my tree dead? - Knowledgebase Question

porter, tx
Question by crazes10
I have some type of oak tree that produces acorns in my front yard and is the only tree without leaves. There were ants at the base during the winter but are no longer there. Is it possible that the ants killed my tree? The larger limbs are still flexible without breaking.

0

I don't think the ants had anything to do with your oak trees' distress, unless you killed the ants with some powerful chemical. If you did not try to get rid of the ants and they left on their own, they had nothing to do with your oak tree's behavior. Oaks are resilient trees. Yours may be reacting to some winter stress and once it overcomes whatever stress it endured, it should leaf out for you. It will just take some time. Best wishes with your oak tree!