Watering - Knowledgebase Question

New York, NY
Avatar for adams83810
Question by adams83810
May 4, 2007
I live in a New York City apartment with a sizeable terrace. I have several potted plants. What equipment or tank can I buy so that I won't have to keep lugging buckets of water to water my plants and trees? I want something I can run a hose. So, I don't want those carrying portables. It is backbreaking. I do have outlets. Please help.

Answer from NGA
May 4, 2007
You could look at a drip system with individual spaghetti tubing or emitters leading to each pot and set it up on a timer. There are many different brands of irrigation available and the systems for homeowners are meant to be relatively easy to install on your own. Or, you can use a watering wand on the end of your garden hose. This allows you to adjust the flow as desired and has a "shutoff" so you can walk from pot to pot without spilling water all over. These are widely available.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Allium sp"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.