roses - Knowledgebase Question

Mineral Springs, NC (Zone 7B)
Question by POTTERSGYRL1
I bought 2 rose bushes at Home Depot 3 weeks ago and planted them in my yard. Watered them sparingly and the stems have turned black and died. can you help?

0

Based on your description I am not certain what has happened. When you plant a new rose you need to keep the soil evenly moist like a wrung out sponge, not sopping wet/saturated and not dried out. If the soil dries out, the canes may dry out and then die back. It sounds as though this may have happened. If the lower part of the plant is still the original color and plump and firm, they may come out of it. If you are in doubt and they are under warranty you may want to consult with your local store.