Rice Seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Newtown Square, PA
Question by SMBlades5
Would you happen to know of a source that sells small quantities of rice seed?

0

My first suggestion is to visit a local natural foods store or food coop. There, you'll likely find a large selection of untreated rice. Be sure to choose "brown" rice--that is the whole grain type--rather than white rice, that has had the bran and germ removed. Your supermarket may also have plain brown rice; at a natural food store you're likely to find a larger selection, it is more likely to be untreated, and often you can purchase just as much as you need.

I purchased some whole wheat berries from a natural food store, and they sprouted nicely.

A supplier of wild rice (not actually a type of rice--it's a type of grass) is Kester's Wild Game Food Nurseries; ph# 414-685-2929