White spots on Gardenia leaves - Knowledgebase Question

CONROE, TX
Question by lolitar62
I have tiny whitish spots on the leaves but the bush is flowering profusely. What are these pests and how do I rid the plant of them? Will this kill the plant???

0

Lolita,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Probably white flies. Try a spray of neem oil directed upward to hit the bottom sides of the leaves very thoroughly. Repeat in a couple of weeks. That should do the trick. You may also want to contact your Montgomery County Extension Office for additional suggestions.