low growing yews/junipers - Knowledgebase Question

allendale, nj
Question by sherrypinck
I am looking for either a yew or juniper that will grow no taller than 2 feet and not spread more than 6 feet.With a very slow growing bush, I could increase the spread. I can not really care for these bushes more than once a month. Thank you in advance; I appreciate your help. Sherry Pinck

0

There are a number of low junipers you could use, they do require a full sun location with well drained soil to do well. For example, you could consider named varieties of Juniperus horizontalis and J. conferta such as "Blue Rug" "Wiltoni" or "Blue Pacific". Keep in mind that they will require regular weeding and mulching and during the first year will require regular watering to keep the soil evenly moist like a wrung out sponge while they become established.