Ants - Knowledgebase Question

Waldorf, MD (Zone 7A)
Question by fitzgeralden
How do I get rid of ants? They are making holes in my yard. It is all around the entire yard.

0

Ants can be a nuisance, and depending upon they type they are, could pose a threat to children and animals. Fire ants build mounds, so if your ants might be fire ants, you'll want to eliminate them as quickly as possible. This may require professional help. If the ants are just common everyday black ants, you can either poison them with a mixture of borax and honey (dissove borax in water, then add a touch of honey; pour into the hole and cover with soil to keep pets out). Or, you can pour boiling water down the ant hole (be careful of splashing the water on your feet or legs). If these two suggestions fail, you may want to use chemical baits, according to label directions, and keep children and pets out of the yard for the recommended period of time.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"