purple queen? - Knowledgebase Question

Bettendorf, Io
Question by phillipsronl
I have a purple vine-like plant that has fuzzy leaves and white flowers. What can you tell me about it? I can't find any info in my books.

Ron Phillips

I thought at first your plant might be a Purple Passion Vine or Gynura, but that has yellow flowers. Here is a photo (You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.)

Then I thought it might be a Zebrina or Tradescantia of some sort, but that has purply pink flowers. Here is a photo

Then I wondered about oxalis, but that is not really a vining plant and I don't think it would be called hairy:

Then it occurred to me you might have a landscape plant, rather than a house plant. Could it be Actinidia Kolomikta -- kiwi?

And finally, I remembered Tahitian Bridal Veil (Tripogandra multiflora) and I really do think this is probably your plant.

I hope this is it!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"