Cats In Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Brooklyn, NY
Question by rlloyd1
How do I prevent stray cats from relieving themselves in my garden and yard?

0

Cats like to dig in nice loose soil. If it's dry, they like it even more! You can discourage cats from using your garden as a litter box by laying crumpled up poultry netting over the bed to provide a barrier between the soil and the cat. You can leave it in place all year and just cut holes in the wire wherever you want to place plants. Or, you can drive stakes into the ground on the outside of your garden bed and string fishing line between the stakes. Try to keep the line about 6 inches above the surface of the soil and less than 12 inches between the lines. Cats won't be comfortable walking on the bed or trying to go between the lines. Eventually the cats will learn that your garden isn't a very friendly place and will find another place to relieve themselves.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"