Transplanting Lychnis - Knowledgebase Question

Westbury, NY
Question by 105111516
I started Lynchnis seeds in early September. They have been growing indoors and doing nicely since then. When can I safely put the into the ground?

0

You should wait until about mid-April, when the soil and air temperatures warm up. Be sure to harden off your plants before transplanting them into the ground. Do this by taking them outdoors to a sheltered spot for a few hours each day, for a few days. Then, if the weather is mild, let them "camp out" overnight. By the end of a week you should be able to plant them without a problem. They'll appreciate the extra attention and it will make the transition from warm environment to the great outdoors easier for them.