Addie Hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Alpharetta, Ga
Question by dulcevalenz
I have a Addie Hibiscus in a large planter, some leaves are getting yellow and they fall very easily, is it too much water or too little water, the dirt is not wet or very dry. What should I do?

0

Dulce,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your hibiscus problem could be either dry or soggy wet soil as both can kill roots and result is similar top growth symptoms. Dig down a few inches and fill the soil to see what its true moisture content is. The only other thing that comes to mind is some type of physical injury to the roots. If it is a new transplant it may just be trying to recover from the problem and get roots established so it is more resilient.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"