Landscaping in front of house - Knowledgebase Question

Palm Coast, FL (Zone 8B)
Question by galbraith
The front of my house faces West. There is really no landscaping in the front yard. What would grow very quickly to protect the house from the hot sun? I want to put the house on the market and need ideas since I don't have a clue about landscaping.

0

Linda,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I would suggest you ocnsider 'Bright N Tight' Cherry Laurels and then keep them well watered and fertilized for optimum growth. Another choice might be a medium sized crape myrtle.